Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Summary: Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.


Review: I was blown away by Before I Fall so when I heard Lauren Oliver was coming out with a new YA series I put in on my TBR list instantly. I was very impressed with this book. I enjoyed Lena and Alex a lot. I thought it was great reading about their relationship and I thought it was funny to see Lena's reaction when she thought she caught the "love" disease. I think Lena grew very well in this book and the ending made my breath catch.

The story itself was very emotional to me. I'm not in a relationship, but thinking that I won't be able to really love my friends or family in this world was hard to think about. I couldn't read this book for a couple of hours because I had to sit and let my emotions clear up before I continued. Lauren is an amazing writer and both of her books have given me reason to think about life and love. I'm very much looking forward to the rest of this series.

5 howls

Comments