A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

I was going to do the rest of these reviews seperately, but then I remembered, "Oh wow. There are 13 books in this series." So yeah even if I doubled up there would be a good number of reviews on here which is okay (duh, review blog) but the books are repetative so I'm just going to crunch them together into one review. Overall the series has a good central theme that no where is safe from bad people doing bad things. I still love the kids. Klaus is, of course, my favorite. While the stories are set in different places and around different people there is a lot of the same stuff going on. I usually run out of steam after reading The Hostile Hospital simply because I feel like the same story just goes on and on. I like the stories a lot. The characters are always interesting, but I think 13 books is too much. Yes I get why there are 13 books, but for a story like this I think it's not the best. I don't think these books should be read in a row. I stupidly did that with maybe 2 other books between so my brain might forever hate me. Good middle grade series, but do not read them stright through. The series as a whole gets 3.5 howls.

Comments