Concert Review: Carolina Rebellion

Last weekend I attended Carolina Rebellion in Charlotte, NC. The bands I went for were Skillet, Three Days Grace, and Avenged Sevenfold. Some other bands watched were Saving Abel, Hinder, Bullet for my Valentine, Alter Bridge, Halestorm, Seether, and Godsmack. Some of those bands (Halestorm and Alter Bridge) I had never heard before. Others (Godsmack and Bullet) aren't really my style of music. Each band had incredible live shows and I would gladly see any of them over again. I have to gush for a moment over certain moments that made my life.

Skillet had an amazing live show and I freaked out when I saw them. They opened with "Sometimes" which is a song that has helped me out a lot in recent months so I was pretty excited to see them sing that one life. Their set also included "Whispers in the Dark", "Comatose", "Savior", "Hero", "Monster", and "Rebirthing". Yep so they had a great set.

Seether I'm not a super-huge fan of, but I greatly enjoyed their performance. Some of the songs they sang include "Fine Again", "Fake It", "Remedy", and "Rise Above This". One of the highlights was when Lizzy (Halestorm's frontwoman) came up on stage and sang "Broken". It was outstanding.

Three Days Grace did an incredible job with their set. They sang "World So Cold", "Break", "I Hate Everything About You", "Home", and "The Good Life". Adam also decided to treat us to a couple of covers. One of which was by Eminem, and the other was by Limp Bizcut. I'm not a fan of either really, but I like Adam so it was okay. I flipped out when Adam started singing "I Don't Care". It is a beautiful song and I wish Adam had gotten the guys from Skillet to do the song instead of subbing the strings for a guitar. It was still pretty, but I think it would have been better that way.

That's all I'm going to talk about on here, but I have a friend who did a great run-down of the whole weekend while we were there. Check out her blog here if you want to see her fangirl over Avenged. I loved this concert and I would glady go back and experience Saturday all over again.

Comments