Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Summary: When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

Review: I was excited to step back into this series because Vampire Academy was incredible and it will probably be one of my favorite YA series of all time. I was glad that Richelle wasted no time on silly character introductions when you know most of the characters you will be interacting with. Sydney and Adrian got on my nerves, but they did that in VA too so I was not at all surprised. That might keep me from enjoying this series as much as VA, but I want to see Sydney grow out of her current state as a character. I want to see her break rules again and defy her people. I really want to see how she handles Adrian in the future. I wanted to smack him so much in this book, but Syd gave him a good chewing out a couple of time.

The story sucked me in as I started and it was hard for me to concentrate on school or anything sort of important, but it was definitely worth it. I had a few theories about how the story/characters were going to go. Some were right, some were wrong. I can tell you I will absolutely be picking up The Golden Lily when it releases. This was such a nice break from reading new YA books and being unfamiliar with characters and relationships. If you loved VA then you should pick up this book if you have not already done so.

4.5 howls

Comments