Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton

Summary: When St. Louis's most powerful vampire comes to Anita Blake for help, she is faced with her greatest fear-a man capable of arousing in her a hunger strong enough to match his own.

Review: I wanted to read Guilty Pleasures because it was laying around my house, and I have heard lots of good and bad things about these books. One thing I heard a lot of was that Laurell writes really intense, graphic sex scenes in her books. The summary of this book led me to believe I would encounter some of that. I didn't see any at all. I'm not sure whether I'm disappointed or not. Sex scenes are not my favorite to read,but I had already prepared myself for what I might find. The story was good, but the characters were not. Anita was fun to read, but I think Jean-Claude is my favorite. Except he is hardly in the book which is very disappointing. Overall, it's a decent start to the series. I want to read more and see if I can get a better feel for the books, but I'm not in a rush to go out and buy them right now.

3 howls

Comments