The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett


Summary: On a world supported on the back of a giant turtle (sex unknown), a gleeful, explosive, wickedly eccentric expedition sets out. There's an avaricious but inept wizard, a naive tourist whose luggage moves on hundreds of dear little legs, dragons who only exist if you believe in them, and of course THE EDGE of the planet...

Review: I have an off/on Fantasy mood so I wasn't sure when I was going to get around to reading this book when I bought it, but I wanted something short to read and The Color of Magic is a bit over 200 pages. I laughed pretty stinking hard when I read this book. The story is incredible and I enjoyed reading about Rincewind and Twoflower's adventures. I found the first half more entertaining than the second half, but it was all enjoyable.

Now, let's talk characters. Rincewind is so great to read about. He's far too serious for his own good. Twoflower was fun as well, but he's not serious enough. I don't think I would like them apart, but put them together and that's good fun. Death is my favorite character. I don't know why, but He is. Rincewind might have been my favorite if it wasn't for death.

4 howls

Comments

=Tamar said…
The second book, The Light Fantastic, follows directly on from the The Colour of Magic. It's even better.
Kim said…
Thanks. I have The Light Fantastic. I might start it soon.