Dreaming of the Wolf by Terry Spear

Summary: Terry Spear's debut Heart of the Wolf was a Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year. Known for her research into how wolves live in nature, Spear writes her werewolves as they would behave realistically, including pack dynamics, mating behavior, and hierarchies.

Werewolf pack leader Jake Silver is an acclaimed photographer. He sees a beautiful woman at the art gallery where his photos are on display, and his intrigue turns into wolfish protectiveness. Alicia Greiston has never met anyone like Jake-he's sexy, alpha, and totally irresistible, and he calls to something primal in her soul.

Review: I want Jake for Christmas. I do. He is just another one of those wolves that I couldn't help but admire as I was reading him. Alicia was interesting too. A bounty hunter? Hmmm. I didn't know what to think when I first met her, but I'm glad she got introduced because I think she adds a lot of color to the story. I was interested to see how the story was going to go since Alicia is a human. It was nice to catch up with old characters again. I was happy to see how Darien and Lelandi were doing, as well as the rest of the pack. I was excited to read about dream mating again. That is probably my favorite thing about these books even though it has only happened a couple of times. I don't know why, but I love read that. I liked that there was a gap in time too because it shows that Jake truly loved Alicia, and he was searching for her and hoping she would come back to him. Overall this is a pretty phenomenal book. It isn't my favorite, but it's quite close. I'm hoping we get to revisit this pack some more so we can see other characters find mates. Of course we have to see how Jake and Alicia are holding up in the future as well. The end was cute too. The last chapter was a nice little end to the story. After the hectic life Alicia has had I think she deserved to find someone to love.

5 howls

I got this book free for an honest review.

Comments