Kuuki Yomi: Consider It (Game Review)

Kuuki Yomi is an odd, short game. You have to complete a series of micro games which allows you to try to be considerate based on Japanese standards. These games are super cute, and sometimes a little weird. In single-player mode, you control a red person, or object, and try to complete a task. This could be moving over on a train so a couple can sit together, to walking along with your girlfriend, or being a bird and finding the correct spot in the flight formation. These are just a few examples, but they were all really fun and I liked seeing how similar games could be changed up. For example, there are 2 red characters standing side by side on an escalator. You play this game twice. Once, "In Osaka" and again, "In Tokyo" and you basically have to know what side of the escalator you're supposed to stand on. I found little things like that really interesting. It is a bummer that, in single-player mode, you don't get any indication that you did a task correctly. There are little chimes in multi-player mode that let you know if you were successful, and I wonder why they put it in one mode, but not the other.

When you play through all 100 games in Consider It mode, you unlock Inconsiderate mode. While Consider It mode is supposed to teach you how to not be rude, and consider the feelings of others, Inconsiderate mode allows you to do whatever. I found this mode to be hilarious. I destroyed my ally in a Space Invaders-esque game, I let a couple get abducted by aliens, and I rudely bumped into another couple as they were making out. It was silly, but I had fun. I don't have any friends, so I wasn't able to try the co-op mode. I'll link Paul's video though, because he played co-op with his girlfriend and it's pretty stinking adorable seeing them learn the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3dEWxMrp0

Cute little game that's definitely worth checking out.

Comments