BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace 1.0 Layouts »

Where The Wolves Read

A blog where I review mostly books. I also review, if my appetite allows, movies, music, and video games. Enjoy the feast!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Book Blogger Pounce

Book Blogger Hop


So the question is, "Who is your favorite new-to-you author so far this year?"

That's a tough one.

I really enjoyed the stuff that I read by Julie Kagawa so far so she's definitely up there. I read The Child Thief by Brom and that was brilliant and I want to check out more of his work. He would be up there, but as I've only read one of his books I'm not going to say him. I loved the first Maximum Ride book and the first Bran Hambric book, but as with Brom I've only read the first of each series so I might not like the way the other books are done so those won't be up there. Right now I have it narrowed down to 3 authors:

Julie Kagawa
Kelley Armstrong
Rachel Vincent

Their YA books are really good in my opinion. I really enjoyed reading the stories and getting involved with the characters.

6 comments:

Janet Johnson said...

Already a follower, but just dropping in. I haven't heard of any of those authors. Thanks for sharing!

Dana Alma said...

Hey you, just stopping by on the hop and follow. I'm already a follower' Have a great weekend. Happy Reading!!!
See ya!
Readaholics Anonymous

Kelly McDermott-Bay said...

Just hopping by to say, hi.
Kelly Bookend Diaries
http://bookenddiaries.blogspot.com

Em (Super Reader Girl) said...

Hopping by! I really must read The Iron King! I've picked it up from the library a number of times and have really wanted to read it, but somehow never have!

Jules@OneBookShy said...

New follower dropping in on the blog hop. I've been seeing a lot of suggestions for reading Julie Kagawa and Rachel Vincent.

Hope you'll swing by my blog if you get a chance!

Jules
http://onebookshy.blogspot.com

Najela said...

My friend has been raving about Julie Kagawa. I swear I will read her when I get the chance. I have her book, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

I found you through the Book Hop. I look forward to reading your reviews.