Favorites from 2011

I wasn't even going to try to narrow this list down to 11 books, but these are the ones I enjoyed the most this year. I didn't get a chance to review all of them, but the ones I did review are linked up. Enjoy!

The Specter Key: This was just...magnificent. I couldn't stop reading.
The Farfield Curse: It was a re-read this year, but it was still amazing. Wonderful middle grade novel.
Hate List: Breathtaking. Truly. I loved it.

Perfect: My absolute favorite from this year. Touching characters you loved to hate, and a story anyone can relate to.
Triangles: Ellen's first adult book with incredible moments of love and passion. I can't wait to read her next adult novel.
Wither: Didn't do a review when I first read this book, but it was wonderful. A fresh new story with exceptional characters.
Unearthly: A new angel story that moves very well, and the bit at the end? Wow. Just wow. Can't wait for Hallowed.
Twenty Boy Summer: One of the few contemporary books I've read this year and I'm a fan of Ockler's already. Definitely going to have to check out the rest of her work.
The Girl Who Played With Fire: I loved The Hunger Games and it was a joy reading what others thought of these books.
The Dark Divine: Read this because a friend of my recommended it. Couldn't be happier with the story. I loved it and I need to read The Lost Saint and The Savage Grace.
Such a Pretty Girl: Another book recommended by a friend, and it was incredible. I can't even...it was just great.
Seduced by the Wolf: One word: Liedolf
Dreaming of the Wolf: The return of dream-mating and Jake. He was delish.
Sleeping in Parking Lots: A wonderful non-fiction book about keeping your faith in God while enduring the struggles of being on the road.
Rage: Jackie is a brilliant writer. Incorporating self-harm into a story like this was brilliant and I can't wait to read Loss!
Hunger: Much like Rage, this first book brought a tough topic to the public in an interesting way. I love the way Jackie brings these things up in her stories.
Shifters series: To be fair, I read the first 2 at the end of 2010, but this is my favorite UF series. It was wonderful. Faythe is a great character. I adored her.
Nightshade: One of the best werewolf books I've read ever. Period.
Fahrenheit 451: I read this for banned books week and I can see why it's considered a classic. I think everyone should read this book at least once. I would hate to live in a world like this were books are burned out of fear. They should be treasured. Always.
Delirium: It's Lauren Oliver. She blew me away with Before I Fall, and Delirium showed me how well she can adjust to a new kind of story. She's an auto buy author.
Darkest Mercy: A fabulous end to an exciting series. Melissa Marr is a wonderful storyteller.
The Dark and Hollow Places: My favorite book of the series. It is so, so wonderful. I loved it.
Angelfire: This was a great book. End of story. Wings of the Wicked cannot come soon enough. It was brilliant.

Comments